The City of Hartford’s Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) received funding from the CDC Foundation to conduct activities that will mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus in our community. These activities include increasing access to neighborhood testing, transportation to testing sites, conducting formative research on vaccine acceptance, and reaching residents through more community outreach. While the City of Hartford has borne the brunt of the COVID-19 pandemic in our region, we also have immeasurable assets that can help us prepare for a resurgence in the late fall or early winter. This Request for Proposals (RFP) aims to build upon those assets by funding community based organizations (CBOs) with intimate knowledge of the Hartford community, its residents, and their needs to conduct outreach and education activities.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED
As part of the CDC Foundation grant, DHHS proposed to partner with up to five (5) CBOs to conduct the following activities:
1) Education sessions in community settings such as churches, CBOs, parks, social clubs, laundromats, or other spaces where community members gather. Education sessions can be conducted virtually if congregating in person is not allowable or cannot be done safely at any time during the project period (Grantees will be provided with some materials that can be adapted).
2) Refer residents to Community Health Workers for assistance with meeting basic needs.
3) Distribution of information in hard hit neighborhoods (Grantees will be provided with some materials that can be adapted).
4) Creation and distribution of innovative Public Service Announcements (PSA’s) or materials that resonate with the community
CBOs are required to engage in activities 1 and 2 and must select an additional activity from the list to be considered for the grant.
A total of $75,000 is available to fund up to five (5) CBOs for up to $15,000 each. Budgets can be for less than $15,000 if that is what is required to complete the proposed activities.
The contract period for this project will be November 1, 2020 through April 30, 2021.
Proposals(PDF, 502KB) in response to this RFP must be submitted by 5:00pm by October 15, 2020. There will be no extensions of this deadline. Proposals can be submitted in two ways. These are:
1) Email to Faith Palmer (Faith.Palmer@hartford.gov) with a CC to Liany Arroyo (Liany.Arroyo@hartford.gov)
2) In person to Faith Palmer at 131 Coventry Street, Hartford, CT 06112
QUESTIONS ABOUT RFP
If you have any questions about this RFP, please email Faith Palmer (Faith.Palmer@hartford.gov) and include in the subject line ‘Community-led COVID-19 Education and Outreach Activities RFP.’ A response will be returned via email within 24 hours if it is received during business hours. Any questions about the RFP should be received by October 13, 2020 to ensure that you will receive a response.
YOUR RESPONSE TO THIS RFP
To be considered responsive to the RFP, the following information must be submitted by the October 15, 2020 deadline:
Application and Narrative (see Attachment A)
Budget (see Attachment B)
Certificate of Non-Profit Status
Please note that the selected organizations will be required to produce a valid Certificate of Insurance