Under the executive leadership of Mayor Bronin, the North Hartford Promise Zone (NHPZ) is an unprecedented, collaborative urban renewal effort being led by a committed cast of key local and regional stakeholders to advance neighborhood revitalization and create a safe prosperous future for residents. As part of ongoing efforts the Mayor's NHPZ team will focus on three strategies:
- Resource development support for organizations providing programs and services to Promise Zone residents
- Promise Zone Preference points available to support select federal grant applications
- Supporting and cultivating cross sector partnerships to help leverage and braid existing resources
- Further developing systems to aid residents in accessing programs and services
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Housing Physical Structure/Economic Development - Attract and retain businesses in the North Hartford Promise Zone commercial corridors that build on recent neighborhood initiatives.
- Jobs/ Housing & Financial Literacy - Increase resident's net income, financial capabilities, long-term job retention and net worth over time. Create programs that assist promise zone residents with preventing foreclosure and provide low-to-moderate income individuals and/or households decent, affordable and sustainable rental, home ownership, and home improvement opportunities.
- Public Safety - Reduce crime and improve community safety as part of a comprehensive strategy to advance neighborhood revitalization.
- Health - Improve the emotional and physical development of high-risk children and families.
- Education - Increase the number of high school graduates that are college and career ready.
For information regarding grant application support please email email@example.com
Federally designated placed based initiative located at Parker Memorial Recreation Center. The Envision Center will serve as a hub for family-centered programming designed to help lift neighborhood residents out of poverty. Three organizations will be partnering to help guide and implement EnVision Center programming: The Department of Families, Children, Youth, and Recreation; The Department of Health and Human Services; and Catholic Charities. Parker will provide a range of services through a family support screening model that offers EVERY family the opportunity to connect to additional services and work with supportive staff to have their basic needs met and establish plans for their future .
The North Hartford Ascend Pipeline is a cradle to career effort to ensure children living in the North Hartford Promise Zone – which includes the Clay Arsenal, Northeast, and Upper Albany neighborhoods – have the supports they need to reach their full potential.
Click for more information
Housing Resource Fair
A wide range of North Hartford Promise Zone partner organizations come together to provide access to grants and low interest loans to support Hartford homeowners. In addition residents will have the opportunity to receive information regarding but not limited to:
- Financial stability and Money Management
- Landlord and Tenant Rights
- Emergency Home Repairs
- Fair Housing and Foreclosure Help
Interested in a stipend volunteer experience with the North Hartford Promise Zone team? Email Courtenay.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.