Hyland and Rocky Ridge Park
Hyland and Rocky Ridge Parks (1903). Theodore Wirth, park superintendent, developed the park design plan. Rocky Ridge and Hyland Parks were opened for public use on April 24, 1911 after acquisition of an additional southern portion in August, 1907 which was named Hyland Park. Rocky Ridge Park was acquired in 1892 from a partial exchange of land originally owned by Trinity College. Hyland has 2 baseball playing fields, a basketball court, a tee-ball field, and playscape and splashpad, and an artificial turf field that supports baseball and soccer.
391 New Britain Ave, Hartford 06106 View Map