How to File a Complaint Against a Hartford Police Officer

The Guide to Filing a Citizen Complaint(PDF, 146KB), published and developed by the HPD's Internal Affairs Division, is a guide on how to file a citizen complaint and also goes through the process of how citizen complaints are investigated.



Complaints can be made online by:

Sending an email to the commander of Internal Affairs at


Using this Form

Click here to view form.

Over the Phone

By calling HPD Internal Affairs directly at 860-757-4030


By calling the City of Hartford Office of Human Relations at (860) 757-4030       




At Hartford Police Headquarters located:
Hartford Public Safety Complex,
253 High Street
Hartford, CT


By Mail

By sending a letter addressed to:
The Commander of Internal Affairs
The Hartford Police Department
253 High Street
Hartford, CT 06103


By sending a letter addressed to:
City of Hartford Office of Human Relations, Suite 303,
Hartford City Hall
550 Main Street
Hartford, CT 06103


Citizen Complaint forms can be found at City Hall, at the Hartford Police Department and every branch of the Hartford Public Library.

For your convenience, the department has created a citizen complaint form, which can be emailed, dropped off, or mailed to either the Office of Human Relations or the Internal Affairs Division. 

Citizen Complaint Form (English)(PDF, 309KB)

Citizen Complaint Form (Spanish)(PDF, 115KB)