Colt Park (1905) The 114 acre park was established from the former Armsmear Estate of Samuel Colt and Elizabeth Jarvis Colt, which was gifted to the city upon Elizabeth’s death in 1905. Today the park is home to playscapes, a swimming pool and splash pads, sports fields, Dillon Stadium and historical buildings. Colt Park was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on June 8, 1976. The grounds were originally developed in High Victorian Gothic style, and served as Colt's exclusive "pleasure-grounds." It was complete with large reflecting pools, rustic furnishings, fountains, urns, statuary, artificial ponds for fish and foul, a deer park, orchards, fields and more.
130 Wethersfield Avenue, Hartford 06114 View Map