Hartford Adds $250 As Incentive For Vaccine Social Media Posts
Published on July 06, 2021
HARTFORD, CONN (July 6, 2021) – Today the City of Hartford announced that it is giving away two hundred $250 prizes for residents who get vaccinated in July and post videos about why they got vaccinated on social media. The prizes are funded by the Centers for Disease Control, passed through a State of Connecticut grant program for vaccine outreach.
“These prizes will both help get more people vaccinated and spread the word about why it’s so important,” said Mayor Luke Bronin. “There’s nothing more effective than members of our community talking to each other about why we all need to get vaccinated. We’re going to continue to be creative about encouraging residents to get vaccinated, and I want to thank the State for supporting this initiative.”
“We live in the real world, what matters in the real world is dollars and cents,” said U.S. Senator Richard Blumenthal. “I encourage residents to be eligible for $250 and spread the word through social media. Hartford is offering real money and real messaging that will persuade others to do the right thing. If people are delaying or hesitant here is a real-life incentive to get vaccinated.”
How residents can become eligible for the $250 incentive:
- Get vaccinated in the month of July – it does not matter where. Vaccine appointments are available by calling 2-1-1, and the City is offering free rides that residents can access by making an appointment through 3-1-1.
- Post a video on social media about why they got vaccinated, encouraging others to do the same.
- Send a link of the social media post, or the video itself, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When contacted, provide a picture of their vaccine card and proof of residency in Hartford, as well as sign a release allowing the City to use their videos for vaccine promotion.
- The first two hundred residents to send in videos will receive $250.